Friday, 26 July 2013

26th July 2013 - no report tonight

I'm feeling sad tonight as I heard today that a friend of mine I knew in NSW has died. He was a true gentleman and was always fun to be around. I'm comforted by the fact he found true love in his life in his partner, and spent the last few years with Barry in the beautiful Blue Mountains doing a job he loved. I met him in the early 80s when we worked together for eight years in a company in North Sydney. He was always a joy to be with, and was funny, intelligent, kind and encouraging. We kept each other sane in that job, and we always kept in touch after I left for Adelaide.  I hadn't seen him for too long, although we each had plans to visit. Those 1500+ km were a barrier, and now I hear from Barry that Kevin passed away, I'm so sorry I didn't make it there to see him again. Vale Kevin, and rest in peace my friend. Tomorrow I am going to deal with the grief by contacting some friends and loved ones and telling them how much they mean to me.

I will probably read poetry tonight, but won't post any more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment